8 ea. Whole chicken thighs
1 bu. Fresh thyme
½ C. White wine
1 qt. Chicken stock
¼ C. Olive oil
1 Tbs. red pepper flakes
3-4 ea. cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1 # Rapini
¼ # dried figs, sliced
1 ½ # Fresh gnocchi (frozen)
¼ C. Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Heat a large, high sided skillet. Season chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Sear, skin side down, until the skin is well-browned. Turn legs and brown the second side.
- Place whole thyme sprigs over chicken. Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock to cover.
- Place in oven and cook until thigh meat is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. When cooled, remove liquid and reserve. Separate meat from bones and reserve.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil, pepper flakes and garlic. After a few seconds, add rapini and toss. Season with salt and pepper, add figs, and cook with tossing for 5 minutes or so. Add reserved chicken.
- While the rapini is cooking place gnocchi in pot of boiling salted water. When done, drain and add to rapini mixture in pan. Place pasta pan over heat, add a little of the chicken braising liquid, and bring to a simmer. Serve in pasta bowls with crusty bread, top with Parmesan, and serve with crust bread