This was forwarded to me by one of my suppliers. Corn prices and supply will be major issues in food over the next two years. (All caps theirs not mine, but not unwarranted.)
- ETHANOL DEMAND TO PRESSURE CORN SUPPLY
PRICES DRIVECOST INCREASES TO GROW CORN
- CORN INVENTORIES HAVE FALLEN SHARPLY
- COMMODITY TRADED CORN PRICE HAS DOUBLED
- FARMERS PLANTING MORE CORN PRESSURES OTHER VEGETABLE COMMODITIES AS SUPPLY IS REDUCED
- CORN FRUCTOSE- MAJOR INGREDIENT IN FOOD PROCESSING-RESULTING IN HIGHER COST OF GOODS
- CORN IS MAJOR FEED COMPONENT FOR ANIMAL PROTEIN PRODUCTION DRIVING UP COSTS OF BEEF, PORK, & POULTRY
- BOTTOM LINE IS OUR COSTS & OUR CUSTOMERS COSTS WILL BE HIGHER
This is a frightening picture as chicken and beef prices have been on the rise and produce prices are already high as a result of the food crisis. The best solution is to become a non-tofu eating vegetarian and go live in the hills where you'll grow your own food. Pick a spot near a stream for a grain mill and some hydroelectric power. Arm yourselves and build a windmill and learn how to compost.
But really, this will be huge. If our food infrastructure is to change for the better, the time is now.